Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blogging in the Netherlands! I just realised how messy all my blog posts are, but I have no idea how to sort them out. Took some time to read some of the old posts and I just can't help thinking how much have changed over time. It's been a while since I last appeared strong to people. Was I so weak too this time last year? Was I this sensitive two years ago?

Sometimes I wish I could turn back time and interrogate my old self, to find out how I remained strong throughout my secondary school years. Of course I wasn't always strong and steady - I had  my down times too. But I guess I didn't really allow emotions to take over. I was afraid of letting people see who I really am. The past year has taught me a lot about friendship. I met the three girls I never knew I would confide so much in. I also met that very someone whom I thought I would run the race with, but now I'm standing at the starting line wondering if the race, called LIFE is even on.

From hiding my true self from people I love, I learnt to slowly build trust and let people learn more about me. I am thankful to have met the girls. I saw how important communication can be between people. I used to be really skeptical about having girlfriends who really share secrets, and what not. I would feel uncomfortable when I saw girls talking in groups. But meeting these three girls changed my mindset completely. They made me realise girlfriends do more than just gossip. Right, maybe I should put it this way. The three buddies are actually more like brothers to me. Because they are just so cool, we don't do make ups, we don't have sleepovers, and we hardly shop together. What did I do to deserve such beautiful friendship? Nothing. Thank you Father, for being ever so gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment