Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Three months to go! Am I excited? Yes! Will I miss home? Definitely.

I stumbled upon this quote by a friend "The only time you should look back in life, is to see how far you have come" on Facebook earlier today. And I found it really close to heart. How often do we pause and look back to thank God for how far we have come, instead of complaining about the things we went through? It reminds me of this other saying that goes "When you are about to give up, think of why you've held on for so long in the first place," which I really love too. Maybe it's just me, but I think these quotes really mean a lot sometimes.

I was struggling in the pool last week. FYI it's been a decade since I stopped my training. I couldn't breathe properly, let alone complete a lap without stopping. I was initially really disappointed, because I used to be able to swim and represent my school for competitions. As I continued trying, it suddenly hit me that swimming, in my case, is just like our spiritual life sometimes. It is not always easy, and sometimes you feel like giving up right in the middle of life (like in the middle of the pool) because you're tired. Like how I struggled to breathe, many a time it can feel suffocating in worshiping God too, IF we do not know when or where to catch our breath AND when we get too dependent on ourselves. One thing we must remember always, is that taking on the journey with Christ doesn't mean we will not face hard times. Rather, it means we know who to look to in times of difficulties, we know who is in control of things, and we know we have been placed on this earth by God for a purpose. A great purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment